With SwyxIt!, your PC acts not only as a convenient, easily operated telephone: it is also a universal communication device, which allows you to benefit from all the advantages of Unified Communications. As well as conventional telephony functions, SwyxIt! features also include extensive convenience functions such as initiation of teleconferences, intelligent call forwarding, or an integrated Messenger for sending instant messages.
Users can easily set up their own abbreviated dialing buttons for internal and external calls, making it still quicker to contact frequently called colleagues or customers. The integrated presence information always lets you know whether your chosen communication partner can be reached, and how.
Even as you enter a name, the fast convenient search function in SwyxIt! displays the first search results from phonebooks and Outlook® contacts. Caller lists furthermore provide a summary at any time of all received and outgoing calls, redials, or your own callback requests. A company-wide phonebook is also available as well as a personal one.
SwyxIt! offers seamless integration into Microsoft® Outlook®, allowing you for example to call a contact directly from Outlook® – either from the Contacts or via an e-mail. Conversely, in SwyxIt! you can access Outlook® functions – for example, in the context menu of a Speed Dial the current appointment can be displayed for employees . It is also possible to create a meeting request or task request directly via the Speed Dial.
Outlook® integration also offers support for the identification of incoming calls. A caller is identified not only by means of SwyxServer and your phonebooks, but also with the help of your Outlook contacts. You can also open or create an Outlook® contact when making a call, or have calls entered automatically in the Outlook® journal.
In conjunction with Outlook® and Lotus Notes®, calendar-based call redirection is also available, allowing you to forward calls dependent on appointments.
The Messenger included in SwyxIt! is designed specifically for use in business environments, and enables instant messages to be exchanged in real time within a company. Companies thus benefit by saving money as well as time. Operational flows and communication processes can be made faster and more efficient. Furthermore, it is easy to send an e-mail from the SwyxIt! Messenger, or start a phone call.
Application Sharing provides a further convenient function for efficient teamwork. Application sharing means that during a phone call, a user can share his or her own desktop with an internal call partner with a single mouse click. You can release your desktop for viewing only, or also pass control to a conversation partner.
Call forwarding or parallel calls can be implemented quickly and simply with the help of the Call Routing Manager. This increases the availability of staff in the company, and also means that calls are no longer lost. For example, you can set up call forwarding dependent on specific times of day, weekdays and public holidays, or dependent on entries in the Microsoft® Outlook® calendar, calls accordingly being forwarded automatically to other destinations. Forwarding can be to a colleague, a vacation replacement, a mobile or voicemail, for example.
The Graphical Script Editor (GSE) offers you still more possibilities for visualizing rules and action sequences for incoming calls, and customizing them quickly and easily. The Graphical Script Editor is included in the Swyx Extended Call Routing option pack, which is obtainable separately.
Communication requirements are as individual as users' tasks. By use of the unique Skin technology, the SwyxIt! user interface can easily be adapted to any user's telephony behavior. Skin technology lets you put together precisely the telephone functions you need for your everyday work. Just a few mouse clicks will add new function keys, for example, or change their appearance. It is likewise possible to customize SwyxIt! to your company's corporate design.
You already have extensive selection options with the skins that are included in the standard package. These offer a wide range of telephony functions, such as redial, hold, call transfer, conversation recording or initiation of telephone conferences. For constant users or central switching, telephony interfaces are available with a large number of abbreviated dialing buttons. Users who make fewer calls may prefer a compact template/skin.
With the help of the SwyxIt! Web Extensions, skins can be created to integrate any web services. Various options can be configured, such as the position and size of the desired web service, or the event for which the service is loaded - e.g. for incoming or outgoing calls, upon use of a specific line button, or for secondary calls. As well as the events, call-related variables can also be used to create specific web applications, which can then be accessed by URL. Thus it is possible, for example, to use the number of an incoming call for address resolution in a telephone directory or CRM system. This information can then be displayed directly on the SwyxIt! skin.
- Telephony functions such as call pickup, dial, redial, conference, hold, record call, play voicemail, etc.
- Speed Dials for internal and external contacts
- Voicemail: receiving voice messages by e-mail, and remote inquiry option
- Presence information: a colleague's availability status can be seen directly e.g. on the abbreviated dialing buttons, in the Call journal or in the phonebook
- Company-wide and personal phonebook
- Business Instant Messaging within the company
- Configurable SwyxIt! Web Extensions to integrate any web services
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook and IBM Lotus Notes: dialing from Outlook®, calendar-based call forwarding or use of Contacts for identification of incoming calls
- A Call Routing wizard makes it child's play to specify rules for incoming calls, and thereby ensure a professional image at all times
- The SwyxIt! user interface ("Skin") can be adapted optimally to personal requirements, e.g. in relation to the number of Speed Dials (abbreviated dialing buttons)
- Direct dialing from any application: Dial a highlighted number at once with a function key
- TAPI support
- Application Sharing by mouse click
- Intercom connection: simply start intercom with abbreviated dialing button
- Ring tones: Freely selectable WAV/MP3 files, which can also be made caller-dependent
- Configurable lines: Possible display of call information on the line button and signaling of certain numbers according to line
- Wrap-up time: Disabling of a line for incoming calls (e.g. for group calls only) - Timeout or manual disable
- Web Extensions: Easy integration of web-based services, e.g. databases, CRM, retailing systems and linking with telephony functions
- Client SDK: API interface for use of SwyxIt! telephony functions in conjunction with external applications (e.g. integration in a customer database)