As one of the leading groupware applications, IBM Notes is an essential element of business communicationsfor many companies. The option pack for SwyxWare notonly allows IBM Notes to be enhanced with important telephonyfunctions - it also enables integration in all importantcommunication processes.
Quick and easy integration
The option pack is installed on the user side in conjunctionwith the SwyxIt! communications software. The automaticinstallation process can be executed quickly and easily, bythe administrator for example. No further integration orimplementation steps are needed. After the installation iscompleted, the new functions are available within the IBM Notes application as well as on the SwyxIt! user interface.
A perfect linking of voice and data
With the Swyx telephony functions linked to the data availablein IBM Notes, all advantages of integrated communicationcan be utilised. In practice, this means added convenienceand significant time savings for the user:
- on incoming calls, as call numbers are directly related to the relevant IBM Notes contact
- on outgoing calls, as IBM Notes contacts are dialled directly by mouse click
- in call management, for example with automatic call forwarding dependent on appointments.
Highlights of the Swyx Integration in IBM Notes
- Simple installation and configuration, no further integration effort
- Dialling from IBM Notes contacts, support of multiple numbers per subscriber
- Number resolution and direct dialling of recipients in e-mail messages
- Automatic opening of IBM Notes contacts for incoming calls
- Automatic creation of new IBM Notes contacts with transfer of numbers
- Name resolution and display of IBM Notes contacts
In addition to the integration of the telephony functionsinto the IBM interface, IBM Notes data can also be accessedwithin the SwyxIt! Client. For example, the sophisticatedSwyxIt! search function allows previously configured IBM Notes databases to be searched. Search results arealready displayed during the input and can be dialled with amouse click, starting the call setup.
Quick access to contact and calendar information
If a SwyxIt! Speed Dial is configured with a Lotus Notesuser, up-to-date calendar information can be displayed directlyin the context menu. Together with the available presenceinformation, this helps to prevent unnecessary connectionattempts to subscribers who, for example, are notat their desk at the time.
- Quick access to calendar information using Speed Dials
- Creation of contacts from lists and phone books
- Direct creation of meeting and task requests
- Automatic linking of existing IBM Notes contacts
- Rule-based call forwarding dependent on IBM Notes calendar information
- Fast full-text search within IBM Notes contacts, with display of search results during input
- E-mail forwarding of call details from the call journal, for callback requests for instance
- E-mail receiving of voice messages (Voicemail function)
- Voicemail remote inquiry from any telephone by IMAP
- IBM Notes Version 8.5, support of older Lotus Notes versions with the Swyx IBM Notes SDK (restricted functional range)
- SwyxWare Version 7 or higher