TPP: Plantronics Headset Savi W440 - SwyxIt! 2015 (kb4703)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxWare 2015
- SwyxIt! 2015
- Plantronics Headsets
Within the Swyx Technology Programme (TPP) the Plantronics Headset Savi W440 was successfully tested with a SwyxIt! 2015 and reaches therefore the certification level certified.
The Plantronics Savi W440 is a cordless DECT headset, which consists of the USB adapter D100 and a headset. For operation with the SwyxIt!, it is necessary to install the Plantronics Hub software, which can be downloaded from http://www.plantronics.com/de/product/plantronics-hub-desktop/. The installed software allows to set some general Plantronics configuration as well as some specific configurations for Savi W440 like ringtone, auto answer, DECT Range etc.
Plantronics Hub Software: V3.4
Savi W440 Firmware: v.19.41
D100 Firmware: v.118
HP Compac DC5100 MT, Win7, SP1
HP Compac 6000 Pro MT, Win8
HP Pro 3520, Win8.1
Windows Default Speaker: Internal Speaker
Windows Default Microphone: Plantronics D100
SwyxIt! Headset: Plantronics D100
SwyxIt! Signalling: Internal Speaker
SwyxIt!: No additional ringing on internal speaker
Plantronics Hub: Savi440 as primary device
Ringtones on primary device only
Audio sensing: On
Savi W440: auto answer activated
Savi W440: second inbound call: Ring continously
1.2 Executed tests
The tests were classified into
- Installation and configuration
- Accepting and terminating calls
- Volume control
- Unplug and replug of USB adapter
- Extended functions
The tests completed successfully; the different test PCs or operating systems did not influence the test results.
- It is not possible to mute the SwyxIt! by the Savi W440 during an incoming call or in idle state.
- If the SwyxIt! is muted by the SwyxIt! control during an incoming call or in idle state, the LED on the USB adapter does not reflect this. In this case, if the call is accepted or during call establishment, the call is muted.
- It is not possible to hold calls or retrieve held calls by the Savi W440.
- A second inbound call during an active call is not additionally being signalled by Plantronics.
- If the DECT range was left for a longer period ( > 5 min.), the audio channel will be closed by the Savi W440, but the the call itself remains active.
- After answering an incoming call, it may take up to two seconds until the voice connection is established. This delay also occurs during the calibration of the microphone or when recording an announcement for the voicemail.
1.4 Ringing Tones
Depending on the configured ring location in the plantronics Hub Software and the ringing device in the SwyxIt!, the SwyxIt! ring tone and the Plantronics ringtone might interfere.
2 Installation and configuration
SwyxIt! 2015 must be installed. Exit SwyxIt!!
Install PlantronicsHub Software.
Plug in the USB adapter to a free USB port.
Start the SwyxIt!
Control and configure the Windows Audio Settings and the SwyxIt! Audio Modes if necessary.