TPP: Plantronics Headset Voyager Legend UC - SwyxIt! 2015 (kb4700)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxWare 2015
- SwyxIt! 2015
- Plantronics Headsets
Within the Swyx Technology Programme (TPP) the Plantronics Headset Voyager Legend UC was successfully tested with a SwyxIt! 2015 and reaches therefore the certification level certified.
The Plantronics Voyager Legend UC is a cordless Bluetooth headset, which consists of the USB adapter BT300 and a headset. For operation with the SwyxIt!, it is necessary to install the Plantronics Hub software, which can be downloaded from http://www.plantronics.com/de/product/plantronics-hub-desktop/. The installed software allows to set some general Plantronics configuration. It is possible to set some specific configurations for Voyager Legend UC like ringtone, auto answer, audio bandwidth etc.
Plantronics Hub Software: V3.4
Voyager Legend UC Firmware: USB v.106
BT300 Firmware: USB v.861
HP Compac DC5100 MT, Win7, SP1
HP Compac 6000 Pro MT, Win8
HP Pro 3520, Win8.1
Windows Default Speaker: Internal Speaker
Windows Default Mikrophone: BT300 (USB adapter of the Voyager Legend UC)
SwyxIt! Headset: BT300 (USB adapter of the Voyager Legend UC)
SwyxIt! Signalling: Internal Speaker
SwyxIt!: No additional ringing on internal speaker
Plantronics Hub: Voyager Legend UC as primary device
Ringtones on primary device only
Audio sensing: On
Voyager Legend UC: Ringtone for PC activated
Voyager Legend UC: auto answer activated
Voyager Legend UC: second inbound call: Ring continously
1.2 Executed tests
The tests were classified into
- Installation and configuration
- Accepting and terminating calls
- Volume control
- Unplug and replug of USB adapter
- Extended functions
The tests completed successfully; the different test PCs or operating systems did not influence the test results.
- It is not possible to mute the SwyxIt! by the Voyager Legend UC during an incoming call or in idle state. Instead the voice recognition is activated.
- If the SwyxIt! is muted by the SwyxIt! control during an incoming call or in idle state, the Voyager Legend UC does not announce this. In this case, if the call is accepted or during call establishment, the call is muted.
- A second inbound call during an active call is not additionally being signalled by the Voyager Legend UC.
- It is not possible to completely pause or resume the entire media streaming (incoming and outgoing).
- It is not possible to reject an incoming call by the Voyager Legend UC.
- The speech commands of the Voyager Legend UC are not supported by SwyxIt!.
- After answering an incoming call may take up to two seconds until the voice connection is established. This delay also occurs during the calibration of the microphone or when recording an announcement for the voicemail.
1.4 Ringing Tones
Depending on the configured ring location in the plantronics Hub Software and the ringing device in the SwyxIt!, the SwyxIt! ring tone and the Plantronics ringtone might interfere.
2 Installation and configuration
SwyxIt! 2015 must be installed. Exit SwyxIt!!
Install Plantronics Hub Software
Plug in the USB adapter to a free USB port.
Start the SwyxIt!
Control and configure the Windows Audio Settings and the SwyxIt! Audio Modes if necessary.