TPP: Plantronics Speakerphone Calisto P620 - SwyxIt! 2015 (kb4699)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxWare 2015
- SwyxIt! 2015
- Plantronics Speakerphone
Within the Swyx Technology Programme (TPP) the Plantronics Speakerphone Calisto P620 was successfully tested with a SwyxIt! 2015 and reaches therefore the certification level certified.
The Plantronics Calisto P620 is a cordless Bluetooth Speakerphone for telephone conferencing, consisting of the USB adapter BT300C and speakerphone with integrated microphone. For operation with the SwyxIt!, it is necessary to install the Plantronics Hub software, which can be downloaded from http://www.plantronics.com/de/product/plantronics-hub-desktop/. The installed software allows to set some general Plantronics configuration. There is no device specific configuration for the Calisto P620.
Plantronics Hub Software: V3.4
Calisto P620 Firmware: USB v.490
BT300C Firmware: USB v.921
HP Compac DC5100 MT, Win7, SP1
HP Compac 6000 Pro MT, Win8
HP Pro 3520, Win8.1
Windows Default Speaker: Internal Speaker
Windows Default Mikrophone: BT300C (USB adapter of the Calisto P620)
SwyxIt! Headset: BT300C (USB adapter of the Calisto P620)
SwyxIt! Signalling: Internal Speaker
SwyxIt!: No additional ringing on internal speaker
Plantronics Hub: Calisto 620 as primary device
Ringtones on primary device only
Audio sensing: On
1.2 Executed tests
The tests were classified into
- Installation and configuration
- Accepting and terminating calls
- Volume control
- Unplug and replug of USB adapter
The tests completed successfully; the different test PCs or operating systems did not influence the test results.
The following restrictions were detected during the tests:
- The Calisto P620 must be configured as a handsfree device in SwyxIt!
- It is not possible to mute the SwyxIt! by the Calisto P620 during an incoming call or in idle state.
- If the SwyxIt! is muted by the SwyxIt! control during an incoming call or in idle state, the Calisto P620 does not reflect this. In this case, if the call is accepted or during call establishment, the call is muted but the Calisto P620 does not reflect this correctly.
- After answering an incoming call may take up to two seconds until the voice connection is established. Two additional seconds are necessary until the microphone is calibrated. This delay also occurs during the calibration of the microphone or when recording an announcement for the voicemail.
1.4 Ringing Tones
Depending on the configured ring location in the plantronics Hub Software and the ringing device in the SwyxIt!, the SwyxIt! ring tone and the Plantronics ringtone might interfere.
2 Installation and configuration
SwyxIt! 2015 must be installed. Exit SwyxIt!!
Install Plantronics Hub Software
Plug in the USB adapter to a free USB port.
Start the SwyxIt!
Control and configure the Windows Audio Settings and the SwyxIt! Audio Modes if necessary.