TPP: Plantronics Headset Blackwire C520 - SwyxIt! 2015 (kb4698)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxWare 2015
- SwyxIt! 2015
- Plantronics Headsets
Within the Swyx Technology Programme (TPP) the Plantronics Headset Blackwire C520 was successfully tested with aSwyxIt! 2015 and reaches therefore the certification level certified.
The Plantronics Blackwire C520 is a corded USB headset with an integrated inline control. For operation with the SwyxIt!, it is necessary to install the Plantronics Hub software, which can be downloaded from http://www.plantronics.com/de/product/plantronics-hub-desktop/. The installed software allows to configure some general Plantronics settings. There is no device specific configuration for the C520.
Plantronics Hub Software: V3.4
BlackWire C520 Firmware: USB v.136
HP Compac DC5100 MT, Win7, SP1
HP Compac 6000 Pro MT, Win8
HP Pro 3520, Win8.1
Windows Default Speaker: Internal Speaker
Windows Default Microphone: Plantronics C520
SwyxIt! Headset: Plantronics C520
SwyxIt! Signaling: Internal Speaker
SwyxIt!: No additional ringing on internal speaker
Plantronics Hub: C520 as primary device
Ringtones on primary device only
1.2 Executed tests
The tests were classified into
- Installation and configuration
- Accepting and terminating calls
- Volume control
- Unplug and replug of C520
The tests completed successfully; the different test PCs or operating systems did not influence the test results.
- If the SwyxIt! is configured to play the ringtones on the C520 instead of the internal PC speaker, the volume of the ringtones can only be adjusted by the C520 itself, using the appropriate configuration dialog or during an incoming call.
- If the SwyxIt! is muted by the SwyxIt! control during an incoming call or in idle state, the mute LED on the inline control of the C520 remains off.
If the mute button is pressed on the inline conrol of the C520 during an incoming call or in idle state, the mute control of the SwyxIt! remains unchanged (unmuted).
In both cases, if the call is accepted or during call establishment, the itself is muted.
- By pressing the call button of the inline control for a longer period during an existing call, it is possible to put a call on hold or to retrieve a held call.
During in incoming call, no Plantronics ringtone is played by the C520.
Depending on the configured ring location in the plantronics Hub Software and the ringing device in the SwyxIt!, the SwyxIt! ring tone and the Plantronics ringtone might interfere.
2 Installation and configuration
SwyxIt! 2015 must be installed. Exit SwyxIt!!
Install Plantronics Hub Software
Plug in the C520 to a free USB port.
Start the SwyxIt!
Control and configure the Windows Audio Settings and the SwyxIt! Audio Modes if necessary.