TPP: Bria 4 for MAC - SwyxWare (kb4652)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxWare 2015
- Bria 4 for MAC
Within the Swyx Technology Programme (TPP) the Bria 4 SIP Client for MAC OS was successfully tested against a SwyxWare2015 and reaches therefore the certification level tested.
The Bria4 is a SIP client, which was developped for a direct operation on a SIP connection, but which could also be used on a SIP enabled IP PBX such as the SwyxWare. Due to this circumstance, the Bria4 client has implemented some features that the SwyxWare itself has implemented.
1.1 Tested versions
the following combination was tested:
- SwyxWare2015 with Bria4, V4.1.1Build 74256 auf MAC OS 10.10.1
Test date: 16-12-2014
Internal endpoints: SwyxPhone L615, SwyxIt!
1.2 Executed tests
- Incoming and outgoing internal audio calls
- Incoming and outgoing external audio calls
- Call forwarding
- Long duration calls
- Hold / Retrieve
- Call toggeling
The tests basically succeeded, but the were some restrictions.
- CLIR: If this feature is activated on the Bria4, not outgoing calls can be made
- Conferencing: Bria4 has own implementation to perform conferences
- Video: Video negotiation and -transmission between SwyxIt! and Bria4 is incompatible
- Presence: Just an indication at Bria4 whether or not a contact is registered in the SwyxWare. No enhanced presence information.
Accordingly in SwyxIt! just an indication whether or not a Bria4 contact is registered in the SwyxWare.
- Instant messaging: incompatible
- Security: incompatible
Create a SwyxWare user who is allowed to register through SIP endpoints.
Create an account for that specific SwyxWare user in the Bria4. In the configuration dialog, the "User ID" corresponds with the "SIP User ID" of the SwyxWare user and the "Authorization Name" corresponds with the "User Name". Enter the configured password. Supply a Display name; this will be presented along with the assigned number to a caller. In the field "Domain", the SwyxWare server must be entered (Name or IP address). Activate Registration via "Domain", close the dialog with "OK. The Bria4 will now register at the SwyxWare.
Additional configuration must be performed through the Preference dialog of the Bria4.
- Through the tab "Devices", confirm that the desired audio devices are configured
- Through "Codecs", codecs can be configured, whereas the SwyxWare supports audio codecs G711 aLaw, G711 µLaw, G729 and G722.
- The DTMF mode of the Bria4 must be set to SIP INFO.
For additional configuration settings and information, please consult the documentation of the Bria4.
- H345 (BIZ 2400)
- P150 (SPEAK 410)
- H411 (Pro 9460)
The JABRA Suite for MAC does not support Bria4, therefore these devices can only be used as pure audio devices. Telephone functionality, like accepting an incoming call on the device itself is not supported.
- Blackwire C320
- Blackwire C520
- Calisto 620
- Voyager Legend UC
Plantronics Hub for MAC does not support Bria4, therefore these devices can only be used as pure audio devices. Telephone functionality, like accepting an incoming call on the device itself is not supported.