SIP Provider Swisscom (CH) - Business Connect (kb4638)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxWare 2015
- SwyxWare 2013
Information und configuration hints for SIP provider Swisscom (Switzerland), product: Business Connect (BCon)
The Swyx partner orders a so called ConnectBox for the customer from the Swisscom. This box has firstly the task to control the SIP signaling between the box and the Swisscom and secondly to offer the SIP trunking functionality. The SwyxWare does not directly register at Swisscom but at the ConnectBox instead. Together with the ConnectBox, the customer/partner has received the assigned numbers and log-in information in order to connect to the web interface of the box.
It must be assured that the ConnectBox in the cusomer's network is configured with a static IP address.
Configuration of the ConnectBox
- Logon through a browser at the ConnectBox
- Start of the Swyx IP-PBX Wizards. Through the wizard, the SIP trunk is configured.
- Authentication User Name and Password must be assigned.
- The static IP address of the ConnectBox must be entered as SIP Domain. The first number of the assigned number range in national format must be configured as BC Basenumber.
- Speichern der Eingaben und Neustart der Box.
Configuration of the SwyxWare
- Creation of a location with the infromaion of the assigned number range
- Creation of a SIP trunk group with the Swisscom profile
- Creation of a SIP trunk underneath the newly created SIP trunk group. The SIP user ID of the credentials is again the first number of the assigned number range in national format. User name and password must be identical to the values which were specified for the ConnectBox.
- Configuration of the assigned number range
- Only allow G711A and G711u as codecs
- After creation of the SIP trunk, the static IP address of the ConnectBox for Registrar and Proxy must be specified for the appropriate trunk group. As port 5062 must be specified.
CLIP No Screening
To activate feature CLIP No screening, in the tab 'Number Signaling' of the trunk properties the option 'Always use originator's number' must be set.
To successfully transmit DTMF signals through the Swisscom trunk, it is necessary to increase duration of the DTMF signals in the SwyxWare. To do so, a new registry key underneath HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Swyx\LinkMgr\CurrentVersion\Options
must be created with the exact name of the created SIP trunk. Underneath this new key, a new DWORD value named DTMFToneDuration has to be created. A value of 500 (dec) must be assigned to that value and the LinkManager must be restarted.
T.38 for FAX transmission is not supported by Swisscom.
- Incoming/outgoing national calls
- Incoming/outgoing international calls
- Correct Calling Line Identification (CLI) on national and international calls
- CLIP No Screening
- Holding and retrieving calls
- Toggeling between two calls
- Call transfer
Mutually supported codecs:
- Incoming/outgoing DTMF signaling in accordance with via RFC2833
01/10/2014 with SwyxWare2015
- CustomProviderProfiles Swisscom (CH)
The third-party contact information included in this article is provided to help you find the technical support you need. This contact information is subject to change without notice. Swyx in no way guarantees the accuracy of this third-party contact information nor is responsible for it's content.