TPP: Plantronics Speakerphone Calisto P620 - SwyxIt! 2013 (kb4503)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxIt! 2013
- SwyxWare 2013
- Plantronics Speakerphone
Within the Swyx Technology Programme (TPP) the Plantronics Speakerphone Calisto P620 was successfully tested with aSwyxIt! 2013 and reaches therefore the certification level certified.
The Plantronics Blackwire C420 is a cordless Bluetooth Speakerphone for telephone conferencing, consisting of an USB adapter and speakerphone with integrated microphone. For operation with the SwyxIt!, it is necessary to install the Plantronics Spokes software for SwyxIt!/NetPhone, which can be downloaded from http://www.plantronics.com/uk/support/software-downloads/. The installed software allows to set some general Plantronics configuration. There is no device specific configuration for the Calisto P620.
Spokes Software: V2.8.24304.0
Calisto P620: USB Firmware: 921, USB Adapter: 04.70, Headset: 02.00
HP Compac DC5100 MT, WinXP, SP3
HP Compac 6000 Pro MT, Win7, SP1
HP Compac 6000 Pro MT, Win8
Windows Default Speaker: Internal Speaker
Windows Default Mikrophone: BT300C (USB adapter of the Calisto P620)
SwyxIt! Headset: BT300C (USB adapter of the Calisto P620)
SwyxIt! Signalling: Internal Speaker
SwyxIt!: No additional ringing on internal speaker
Plantronics: No additional ringing on internal speaker
1.2 Executed tests
The tests were classified into
- Installation and configuration
- Accepting and terminating calls
- Volume control
- Unplug and replug of USB adapter
The tests completed successfully; the different test PCs or operating systems did not influence the test results.
The following restrictions were detected during the tests:
- The Calisto P620 must be configured as a headset in the SwyxIt!
- During an incoming call, only the configured Plantronics ringtone will be played into the Calisto P620. The volume of the ringtone can only be adjusted on the Calisto P620, but not by the SwyxIt! sliders.
- The audio volume can only be adjusted on the Calisto P620, but not by the SwyxIt! sliders.
- It is not possible to mute the SwyxIt! by the Calisto P620 during an incoming call or in idle state.
- If the SwyxIt! is muted by the SwyxIt! control during an incoming call or in idle state, the Calisto P620 does not reflect this. In this case, if the call is accepted or during call establishment, the call is muted and the Calisto P620 reflects this correctly.
- If the USB adapter is unplugged during an active call, the call gets terminated. After replugging the USB adapter, the Calisto P620 indicates that a call is still active. The call control button on the Calisto P620 must be pressed twice in order to syncronise the call state, otherwise, the first call wouldn't have any payload.
- After answering an incoming call may take up to two seconds until the voice connection is established. Two additional seconds are necessary until the microphone is calibrated. This delay also occurs during the calibration of the microphone or when recording an announcement for the voicemail.
1.4 Ringing Tones
During in incoming call, only the configured Plantronics ringtone will be played into the Calisto P620. It is not possible to play the specific SwyxIt! ringtone into the Calisto P620.
If additional ringing on the internal speaker is configured both via the Plantronics Controlpanel and the SwyxIt!, these ringtones will interfere.
2 Installation and configuration
SwyxIt! 2013 must be installed. Exit SwyxIt!!
Install Plantronics Spokes Software for SwyxIt!/NetPhone.
Plug in the USB adapter to a free USB port.
Start the SwyxIt!
Control and configure the Windows Audio Settings and the SwyxIt! Audio Modes if necessary.