TPP: Plantronics Headset Savi W440 - SwyxIt! 2011 R2, MP2 (kb4466)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxIt! 2011 R2 Maintenance Pack 2
- SwyxWare 2011 R2
- Plantronics Headsets
Within the Swyx Technology Programme (TPP) the Plantronics Headset Savi W440 was successfully tested with a SwyxIt! 2012 R2 (MP2) and reaches therefore the certification level certified.
The Plantronics Savi W440 is a cordless DECT headset, which consists of a USB adapter and a headset. For operation with the SwyxIt!, it is necessary to install the Spoke software, which can be downloaded from http://www.plantronics.com/uk/support/software-downloads/. The installed software allows to set some general Plantronics configuration as well as some specific configurations for Savi W440 like ringtone, auto answer, DECT Range etc.
SwyxWare: V2011R2, QF4
Spokes Software: V2.7.14092.0
Savi W440: USB Firmware: 116, USB Adapter: 19.44, Headset: 19.40
HP Compac DC5100 MT, WinXP, SP3
HP Compac 6000 Pro MT, Win7 32 Bit, SP1
HP Compac 6000 Pro MT, Win7 64 Bit, SP1
Dell Latitude D510, WinXP, SP3
Dell Latitude D820, Win7, SP1
Windows Default Speaker: Internal Speaker
Windows Default Mikrophone: Plantronics D100 (USB adapter of the Savi W440)
SwyxIt! Headset: Plantronics D100 (USB adapter of the Savi W440)
SwyxIt! Signalling: Internal Speaker
SwyxIt!: No additional ringing on internal speaker
Plantronics: No additional ringing on internal speaker
Savi W440: auto answer activated
Savi W440: second inbound call: Ring continously
1.2 Executed tests
The tests were classified into
- Installation and configuration
- Accepting and terminating calls
- Volume control
- Unplug and replug of USB adapter
- Extended functions
The tests completed successfully; the different test PCs or operating systems did not influence the test results.
The following restrictions were detected during the tests:
- During an incoming call, only the configured Plantronics ringtone will be played into the Savi W440. It is not possible to set the volume of this ringtone, neither by the SwyxIt! sliders not by the Savi W440 volume control.
- It is not possible to mute the SwyxIt! by the Savi W440 during an incoming call or in idle state.
- If the SwyxIt! is muted by the SwyxIt! control during an incoming call or in idle state, the LED on the USB adapter does not reflect this. In this case, if the call is accepted or during call establishment, the call is muted and the LED on the USB adapter reflects this correctly.
- It is not possible to hold calls or retrieve held calls by the Savi W440.
- A second inbound call during an active call is not additionally being signalled by Plantronics.
- If the USB adapter is unplugged during an active call, the call gets terminated. After replugging the USB adapter, the LED on the USB adapter indicates that a call is still active. The call control button on the headset must be pressed twice in order to syncronise the call state, otherwise, the first call wouldn't have any payload.
- If the DECT range was left for a longer period ( > 5 min.), the audio channel will be closed by the Savi W440, but the the call itself remains active.
- After answering an incoming call, it may take up to two seconds until the voice connection is established. This delay also occurs during the calibration of the microphone or when recording an announcement for the voicemail.
1.4 Ringing Tones
During in incoming call, only the configured Plantronics ringtone will be played into the Savi W440. It is not possible to play the specific SwyxIt! ringtone into the Savi W440.
If additional ringing on the internal speaker is configured both via the Plantronics Controlpanel and the SwyxIt!, these ringtones will interfere.
2 Installation and configuration
SwyxIt! with MP must be installed. Exit SwyxIt!!
Install Plantronics Spokes Software for SwyxIt!/NetPhone.
Plug in the USB adapter to a free USB port.
Start the SwyxIt!
Control and configure the Windows Audio Settings and the SwyxIt! Audio Modes if necessary.