TPP: Plantronics Headset Blackwire C320 - SwyxIt! 2011 R2, MP2 (kb4464)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxIt! 2011 R2 Maintenance Pack 2
- SwyxWare 2011 R2
- Plantronics Headsets
Within the Swyx Technology Programme (TPP) the Plantronics Headset Blackwire C320 was successfully tested with a SwyxIt! 2012 R2 (MP2) and reaches therefore the certification level certified.
The Plantronics Blackwire C320 is a corded USB headset with an integrated inline control. For operation with the SwyxIt!, it is necessary to install the Plantronics Spokes software, which can be downloaded from http://www.plantronics.com/uk/support/software-downloads/. The installed software allows to set some general Plantronics configuration. There is no device specific configuration for the C320.
SwyxWare: V2011R2, QF4
Spokes Software: V2.7.14092.0
BlackWire C320: USB Firmware: 115; Base: 01.15
HP Compac DC5100 MT, WinXP, SP3
HP Compac 6000 Pro MT, Win7 32 Bit, SP1
HP Compac 6000 Pro MT, Win7 64 Bit, SP1
Dell Latitude D510, WinXP, SP3
Dell Latitude D820, Win7, SP1
Windows Default Speaker: Internal Speaker
Windows Default Mikrophone: Plantronics C320
SwyxIt! Headset: Plantronics C320
SwyxIt! Signalling: Internal Speaker
SwyxIt!: No additional ringing on internal speaker
Plantronics: No additional ringing on internal speaker
1.2 Executed tests
The tests were classified into
- Installation and configuration
- Accepting and terminating calls
- Volume control
- Unplug and replug of C320
The tests completed successfully; the different test PCs or operating systems did not influence the test results.
The following restrictions were detected during the tests:
- The volume of the ringtones can only be adjusted by the C320, using the appropriate configuration dialog or during an incoming call.
- It is not possible to mute SwyxIt! by the C320 inline control during an incoming call or in idle state. In these cases, the mute LED on the inline control of the C320 is turned on, but after accepting the call or during call establishment, the SwyxIt! will be unmuted and the mute LED is turned off.
- If the SwyxIt! is muted by the SwyxIt! control during an incoming call or in idle state, the mute LED on the inline control of the C320 remains off. In this case, if the call is accepted or during call establishment, the mute LED is turn on and the SwyxIt! is muted.
- If the C320 is unplugged during an active call, the call gets terminated. After replugging the C320, the LEDs on the inline control of the C320 indicates that the call is still active. The answer/end button on the inline control must be pressed twice in order to syncronise the call state, otherwise, the first call wouldn't have any payload.
During in incoming call, there is always a Plantronics ringtone in form of three short beeps played by the C320. If the SwyxIt! is configured to play the ringtones to the C320, too, these two ringtones will interfere. If additional ringing on the internal speaker is configured both via the Plantronics Controlpanel and the SwyxIt!, these ringtones will also interfere.
2 Installation and configuration
SwyxIt! with MP must be installed. Exit SwyxIt!!
Install Plantronics Spokes Software for SwyxIt!/NetPhone.
Plug in the C320 to a free USB port.
Start the SwyxIt!
Control and configure the Windows Audio Settings and the SwyxIt! Audio Modes if necessary.