Perflib application eventlog error is written after installation of 6.12 MP1 (kb3929)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxWare v7.00
- SwyxWare v6.20
- SwyxWare 6.12 MaintenancePack 1
After the installation of SwyxWare every 2 seconds an error message of the perflib application is written in the eventlog:
Windows Cannot load extensible counter DLL MSSQLSERVER
This is a known problem of Microsoft SQL Server. The account NETWORK SERVICE, which is used by the Config Data Store service, needs different file access permissions.
Please follow the instructions below:
- Open the properties of the file sqlctr80.dll in the SQL Server installation directory ("c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn\" in later versions of SQL Server the file contains the later version number e. g. sqlctr100.dll and is stored in a subfolder of Binn).
- Move to the tab "Security".
- Add the user "NETWORK SERVICE". This is the user account used by the service "Config Data Store".
- Assign the rights "Read" and "Read & Execute".
- Confirm your configuration with "OK".
Afterwards the error messages don't occur.