SwyxIt! Mobile - compatibility list (kb3594)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxIt! Mobile v7.20 (Blackberry)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v7.10 (Blackberry)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v7.10 (Symbian)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v7.01 (Blackberry)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v7.02 (Symbian)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v7.01 (Symbian)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v7.00 (Windows Mobile)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v7.00 (Symbian)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v7.00 (Blackberry)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v6.20 (Windows Mobile)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v6.20 (Symbian)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v6.20 (Blackberry)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v2.00 (Blackberry)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v2.00 (Windows Mobile)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v2.00 (Symbian)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v1.10 (Symbian)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v1.10 (Windows Mobile)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v1.00 (Windows Mobile)
- SwyxIt! Mobile v1.00 (Symbian)
The following article describes the compatibility of mobile devices with SwyxIt! Mobile.
SwyxIt! Mobile for Symbian
- Symbian S60 3rd Edition
- Symbian S60 3rd Edition FP1
- Symbian S60 3rd Edition FP2
- Symbian S60 5th Edition
SwyxIt! Mobile for Windows Mobile
- Windows Mobile 5 (Pocket PC Phone Edition)
- Windows Mobile 6 Professional (Pocket PC Phone Edition)
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional (Pocket PC Phone Edition)
- Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional (Pocket PC Phone Edition)
SwyxIt! Mobile for BlackBerry
- from RIM V4.2.1 until RIM V7.0.x
Swyx cannot guarantee that SwyxIt! Mobile runs properly without any restrictions on all devices that are based on these platforms. SwyxIt! Mobile has been tested with several mobile phones. The results of these tests can be found in the following compatibility list. The compatibility list will be updated on regular bases.
Notes about Symbian:
Symbian is licensing Symbian OS to Nokia, Samsung, Sony-Ericsson and Panasonic. Few user interfaces are based on Symbian: The most common user interface is series 60, mainly used by Nokia and Samsung. SwyxIt! Mobile supports so-called 3rd Edition of the Series 60 plus 3rd Edition with Feature Pack 1 (FP1) and Feature Pack 2 (FP2) as well as the 5th Edition.
An overview of all currently available and upcoming S60 3rd Edition devices can be found as follows:
Beside the usage of the GSM network some of the S60 3rd Edition devices offer the possibility to make calls by using the SIP protocol. Therefore these so called dual mode devices will do a SIP registration via a WLAN connection at the SwyxServer so that they will act like internal SwyxWare devices. But SwyxIt! Mobile offers this support for dedicated devices only. A support of this feature is e.g. currently not possible at s60 3rd Edition FP2 und s60 5th Edition devices. Detailed information concerning this support can be found in the following compatibility list.
Notes about Windows Mobile:
Microsoft offers Windows Mobile5 as well Windows Mobile 6.x in different versions for different devices.
For devices with Telephone support these are at Windows Mobile 5 the versions
Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC Phone Edition (Windows Mobile Phone Edition)
for devices with Telephone- and Touchscreen-support
Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone Edition (Windows Mobile for Smartphone)
for devices with Telephone- support without Touchscreen support
Windows Mobile 6 Professional, 6.1 Professional resp. 6.5 Professional
for devices (Pocket PCs) with Telephone- and Touchscreen-support
Windows Mobile 6 Standard, 6.1 Standard resp. 6.5 Standard
for devices (Smartphones) with Telephone- support without Touchscreen support
Note about BlackBerry (RIM):
SwyxIt! Mobile for BlackBerry is designed for RIM 4.2.1. Earlier RIM versions like RIM 3.x or RIM 4.1.0 are not supported. Please keep in mind, that the different RIM versions require dedicated client versions. Detailed information can be found at the download sites.
Operation with handsfree-kits:
Swyx cannot assure the proper functionality of SwyxIt! Mobile in combination with handsfree-kits in cars. This is caused by the architecture of the handsfree-kits, which affects the defined timing behavior of the Mobile Phones and the SwyxIt! Mobile Client tested and released by Swyx. Furthermore some handsfree-kits will handle special functionalities, like the generation of DTMF tones, by themselves during an active call. Hence the Mobile Phone and the installed SwyxIt! Mobile Client have no control over this functions anymore. Due to this Swyx is not able to guarantee an accurate operation of the client in an environment affected by the handsfree-kits, based on the compatibility with the tested Mobile Phone operating system.
- SwyxIt! Mobile - Compatibility List (12/2011)
The third-party contact information included in this article is provided to help you find the technical support you need. This contact information is subject to change without notice. Swyx in no way guarantees the accuracy of this third-party contact information nor is responsible for it's content.