Convert a Master SwyxServer or a Standby SwyxServer into a Standard SwyxServer (kb3185)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxWare v6.10
- SwyxWare v6.02
- SwyxWare v6.01
- SwyxWare v6.00
This article describes the steps required to convert a Master or Standby SwyxServer into a Standard SwyxServer.
Turn off database replication. You must have administrative rights on the host to do this:
- On the host running the Master SwyxServer, open a command prompt (Start->Run...->cmd) and execute
osql -E -Q "EXEC sp_replicationdboption 'ippbx', 'merge publish', false"
- On the host running the Standby SwyxServer, open a command prompt and execute
osql -E -d ippbx -Q "EXEC sp_mergesubscription_cleanup '<master-host>', 'ippbx', 'ippbx_merge_publ'"
replacing <master-host> with the host name (NETBIOS name) of the Master SwyxServer.
Stop file replication. You must have domain administrator rights to do this. SwyxWare versions since 6.10 do not require this step.
- Open a command prompt with domain administrators rights. To do this click Start->Run... and enter
runas /user:<domain>\<admin> cmd
replacing <domain> by the domain name and <admin> by the account name of an administrator of that domain. Enter the password of this account and press the return key.
- Start the MMC snapin for managing the distributed file system by entering
- Close the command box.
- On the left side of the snapin you should see the DFS root which contains the link "SwyxWare". If not, right-click on "Distributed File System" and "Show Root..." and select the root you used when installing Standby.
- Right-click on the link "SwyxWare" and select "Delete Link".
Reset the registry keys "StandbyType" and "StandbyServer" in the path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Swyx\IpPbxSrv\CurrentVersion\Options". I.e. set them to an empty string.
Start the Configuration Wizard on the SwyxServer you want to configure as Standard SwyxServer. When asked for the SwyxServer type select "Standard SwyxServer".