SwyxWare v5.01 Hotfix 4 (kb3122)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxWare Administration v5.03
- SwyxWare CD v5.01
- SwyxWare v5.01
Swyx releases the SwyxWare v5.01 Hotfix 4.
Please note the common hints on hotfixes in the following Knowledgebase article:
To check which hotfix you have currently installed on your system click the "Check for updates" link in SwyxWare Administration or click on the "Product updates" link in the support information of SwyxWare in in the Add/Remove Programs list in Windows control panel.
Hotfixes of SwyxWare version v5.0 or newer are shipped as patches based on Microsoft Windows Installer, which has a couple of advantages:
- No manual replacements of executables necessary
- Services are automatically stopped and started
- unique version number to easy see which hotfix is installed
- Hotfixes can be easily removed if necessary
- Smaller download size
To install the hotfix execute setup.msp and follow the Installation Wizard.
Hotfix 4 addresses the following issues:
- LinkMgr recognizes blockedNAT if one of two links uses STUN and the other one does not.
- Sometimes one way mediastreaming on the phone until it is rebooted.
- User Provided calling party number isn't signalled on incoming calls from HST PRI card.
Please note that there is also a new SwyxWare Administration v5.03 needed for this hotfix.
Hotfix 3 addressed the following issues:
- SwyxServer process may be killed by the Watchdog when a SwyxPhone is restarted while the system is under high CPU load.
- PhoneManager generates access violation in case of configuration inconsistency between PhoneManager and SwyxWare Administration.
- Fake numbers are not used anymore after a SwyxPhone line has been disabled.
- LinkManager has been changed to become more compatible to Telenor.
- Adding a Permanent License File, that covers a hardware change and adds some new license codes, fails sometimes.
- Missing support of Norwegian and Polish special characters on SwyxPhones.
- Watchdog is acting too sensitive, i.e. kills SwyxServer, in cases, where the entire SwyxServer is heavily loaded or blocked for more than 15 seconds.
- Phone manager generates a memory dump, when a notification call is passively disconnected with two disconnect events.
- Compatibility problems with SwyxConnect and Thomson SIP phone: Incorrect handling of un-register with contact "*".
- In rare cases voicemail attachments are not played back during remote inquiry.
- In some cases DTMF input digits are appended to the called party number on incoming calls.
Added new functionality with Hotfix 2:
- Support for SIP links with no registration
To create a registration less SIP link you have to configure the 'registrar' configuration entry as magic string "noregistration". This configuration is either possible with the registrar field on the SIP property page on the link, or with the registrar attibute in the SIPProviderProfile element in the SIPProviderProfiles.config - XML file.
Further information on this can be found in the knowledgebase article
For the successful operation the SIP INVITE messages coming from the SIP provider should fullfil one of the following conditions:
- all messages come from the IP address of the configured proxy
- the URI in the To header has to include the host part (after the @) of the provider's realm.
Hotfix 2 addressed the following issues:
- No caller list entry if incoming call is redirected by GSE script.
- Holding a call routed through T-Online SIP Link does not work correctly.
- SwyxIt! displays wrong time in caller list if New Zealand time zone and regional settings are configured.
- "Clip No Screening" does not work if call already was accepted by call routing script.
- Hide number does not work properly.
- Blind call transfer from ip600 to SwyxGate failed.
- PhoneManager deadlock caused by picking up a notification call.
- The contrast of the self labelling keys cannot be changed and some-times appears too dark.
- AccessViolation in SwyxServer, because RecordFileChannel could not be stopped.
- Group member H.323 device keeps ringing after call originator disconnects call.
- Server disconnect call if device using compression only picks up call after PlaySound script action.
- Improve conference quality by increased noise level for AGC silence detection.
New hardphones supported with Hotfix 1:
- optipoint 410 economy plus
- optipoint 420 economy plus
Hotfix 1 addressed the following issues:
- No inband tones in case of special ISDN message sequence on DECT device attached to Kirk ip1500.
- When a blind call transfer call comes back there is no acoustic indication in the case that the user has call on another line.
- Unable to use Pika board AND ISDN board at the same time in one PC.
- Link call attempts to H.323 third party gatekeeper are not disconnected if stopped after ringing.
- Name resolution in redial list not working if dialnumber contains whitespaces.
- Link calls to H.323 third party gatekeeper are disconnected if Q.931 Status Enquiry message is received.
- Hiding phone number does not work for status signalling to other users.
- SIP client does not work correctly any more in case of second register of SIP client with different port.
- Redirecting external incoming call with CRM to PSTN via SIP link with DDI enabled fails.
- Sometimes there is only one way mediastreaming on calls via SIP links (in case SIP re-invite is used).
- LinkManager dumps in case of receiving malformed SIP message.
- SwyxWare Administration v5.03 English UK
- SwyxWare Administration v5.03 German
- SwyxWare v5.01 Hotfix 4 Dutch
- SwyxWare v5.01 Hotfix 4 English UK
- SwyxWare v5.01 Hotfix 4 French
- SwyxWare v5.01 Hotfix 4 German
- SwyxWare v5.01 Hotfix 4 Italian
- SwyxWare v5.01 Hotfix 4 Norwegian
The third-party contact information included in this article is provided to help you find the technical support you need. This contact information is subject to change without notice. Swyx in no way guarantees the accuracy of this third-party contact information nor is responsible for it's content.