Fallback for L400, L420e, L420s und L440 with PhoneController (kb2866)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxWare v4.33
- SwyxPhone L440
- SwyxPhone L400
- SwyxPhone L420
SummaryWith SwyxWare version v4.33 the PhoneController has been extended by new fallback feature. This article describes how to work with this new feature.
The PhoneController has been extended by a new fallback feature that monitors the availability of one or more PhoneManagers. In order to detect a hardware failure as well, the PhoneManager being monitored should be installed on a different machine as the PhoneController.
Typically you have at least two seperate machines to install the primary and the fallback SwyxWare on. However, it is useful to have only one PhoneController in a network, otherwise there the risk to run into problems with intersected IP address ranges. You have to use the PhoneController of the fallback system in order for the PhoneController to backup the failure of the primary system. The PhoneController of the primary system should therefore be disabled using the Windows service control manager. As consequence you have to use the SwyxWare Administration for the configuration of the PhoneController.
Configure the PhoneController by entering a fallback PhoneManager for each IP address range. The PhoneController then monitors the availability of the given primary PhoneManager. When the primary PhoneManager gets unavailable, all related phones are reprogrammed to use the fallback PhoneManager.
Once a failure of the primary system has happened, the whole system must be manually brought back into the primary state. This should be done through the following steps:
- All components of the primary system are running and ready to work again.
- stop the fallback PhoneManager service(s)
- The scan of the PhoneController (on the fallback system) is started in order to reprogram all affected phones back to their primary PhoneManager.
- Wait until all phones are connected to the primary system
- Stop fallback SwyxServer
- Wait until all SwyxIt!s are connected to their primary system
- Restart all components of the fallback system