MSDE 1.0 (MS SQL 7) Service Pack 4 (kb2500)
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Database Engine 1.0
- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
- SwyxWare all versions
Swyx stronlgy recommends the Service Pack 4 for MSDE 1.0 respective MS SQL Server 7 on all SwyxWare server machines.
One of the fixes included in this service pack solves a severe problem in MSDE/SQLServer which causes SwyxServer to restart.
Therefore Swyx strongly recommends to setup this Service Pack on all SwyxWare machines using the MSDE 1.0 or MS SQL Server 7. This is true for all new SwyxWare installations as also for all existing systems.
Related Knowledgebase articles:
- Security gap in all Microsoft SQL Servers (kb2475)
- Obtain version informations of SQL-Server / MSDE (kb2486)
The Service Pack can be found on the most recent SwyxWare CD as also via the following links.
- Cumulative Patch for Microsoft SQL Server (815495)
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-031
- Microsoft SQL Server 7 Service Pack 4
- SwyxWare v4.12 CD on Swyx FTP Server
The third-party contact information included in this article is provided to help you find the technical support you need. This contact information is subject to change without notice. Swyx in no way guarantees the accuracy of this third-party contact information nor is responsible for it's content.