Check PIN for Conference Room (GSE) (kb2377)
The information in this article applies to:
- from SwyxWare v4.10
Since SwyxWare v4.10 on the Conference feature with the so called virtual Conference Rooms is available. This article describes how to restrict the access to the Conference Rooms by using a PIN verification.
To setup a conferene room you have to configure extensions for the conference user. By doing this you are able to setup any number of conference rooms which are accessible by any user (internal or external) as long as the extension is known.
It might be of interest to restrict the access of one or all conference rooms. This article will demonstrate how to setup a PIN verification using the GSE.
Please note that this article is meant to be an example, the following "restrictions" would of course also be possible:
- internal or external callers only
- defined callers only (identified by their caller id)
- access at certain dates and times only
- access if there is an appointment within the Outlook calendar only, see:
Check Outlook Calendar for Conference Room (GSE) (kb2378)
- or combinations of the above
Installation of the Script
- Download the file at the end of this article and unzip it.
- Start the Call Routing Manager for the Conference user.
- Create a new rule using the New... button.
- Select the Graphical Script Editor and click on OK.
- Open the menu File | Import...
- Select the file kb2377_ConferencePIN.rse. The rule will now be imported and will look like:
- For the "Get DTMF String" and "Play Announcement" blocks you can either record your own announcements or use the "..." button to select the provided wav files.
- Save the rule using the menu File | Save.
- Close the GSE and activate the rule within the Call Routing Manager.
How the Script functions
The caller will be asked to enter a PIN. Using a "Get DTMF String" block the PIN will be recorded into a variable sPin which will afterwards be verified.
If the PIN is ok (12345) the caller is allowed to enter the conference room, otherwise he will be asked to enter the PIN again.
The verification of the PIN in this example is quit easy: it will be checked directly within the script.
It would be also possible to check the PIN against a database. Informations on how to implement this can be found in the Knowledgebase articles
- Custom VBScript Code - Caller verification in database (kb2219)
- Custom VBScript Code - Valentines Greetings (kb2339)
How to connect to the Conference Room ?
To connect a caller into a conference room you have to use a Connect To block and connect to the original destination.
How to handle several Conference Rooms ?
You are able to configure any number of extensions to the conference user and therefore create any number of conference rooms. If you want to have a call routing for one or the other conference room you have to check for the called conference room within the script first. The following example shows 3 conference rooms (300, 301 and 302). For these rooms it is shown how to add own call routing. All additional rooms would be connected directly.
- Check PIN for Conference Room
The third-party contact information included in this article is provided to help you find the technical support you need. This contact information is subject to change without notice. Swyx in no way guarantees the accuracy of this third-party contact information nor is responsible for it's content.