Automatical firmware update doesn't work (kb2343)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxWare from version 3.20
- SwyxPhone L420
Hafter having configured the firmwareupdate assumingly correct the firmware will in fact not be updated allthough the SwyxPhone state "Firmware Update" and reboots afterwards.
The automatical firmwareupdate functions as follows:
- The SwyxWare L420 login to the SwyxServer and tell him it's current firmware version.
- The SwyxServer compares this with the configured firmware version via the SwyxWare Administration, SwyxServer properties, page SwyxPhone L420.
- If there is a newer version available on the server, the server tells the SwyxPhone the complete configured FTP login and download informations.
- The SwyxPhone L420 connects to this FTP server and downloads the firmware file.
- Afterwards the SwyxPhone reboots to load the new firmware.
In order this works faultless the following must be assured:
- the FTP server is reachable for the SwyxPhone (subject: Firewall).
- the login informations are correct.
- the configured download path is reachable on the used FTP server.
The two most common reasons for problems are
- the SwyxPhone ist not able to reach the FTP server because it is blocked by a Firewall.
- the path which is configured within the SwyxWare Administration is not correct for the used FTP server. There are FTP servers arround which expact a leading "/" (slash) in a full qualified path (URL). There are others which don't like a leading "/" and return an error. A configuration like
pub/firmware/english/SwPhL420v01014.appcould work. But, if not, you should also try a leading "/"