Installation of the Plantronics USB headset on Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP (kb2206)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxIt! Headset H320 (monaural)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
SummaryThis document describes the installation of the Plantronics USB headset on Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP. Please read this document carefully before you attempt to install the headset. The steps must be performed in the correct order, or the headset – although the installation seems to be successful – may not work.
Please start up your computer as usual, without the headset being connected at this time. During the installation, the setup program will need to copy files from the SwyxWare CD and (possibly) from the Microsoft Windows CD. In some cases changing the CDs (which is necessary) during the setup procedure may cause problems; therefore we recommend that you copy the drivers for the headset from the SwyxWare CD to your hard disk first. Please copy the content of the folder
\USB\Plantronics into a new folder on your hard disk, for example
On Windows 2000/XP all of the detected devices, except for one, are installed automatically. This one device is detected as Plantronics headset. Please select the option Search for a suitable driver for my device. In the next dialog, Windows 2000/XP asks for the locations that should be searched for the driver. Please clear all checkboxes, except for Specify a location and browse to the folder
C:\PlantronicsThe device will then be installed with the driver located in this folder.
On Windows 2000/XP, it is not necessary to reboot your computer after the installation.
Further installation instructions for USB Handsets and Headsets:
- Installation of the SwyxIt! USB Handset on Microsoft Windows 98 SE (kb2201)
- Installation of the SwyxIt! USB Handset on Microsoft Windows Me (kb2202)
- Installation of the SwyxIt! USB Handset on Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP (kb2203)
- Installation of the Plantronics USB headset on Microsoft Windows 98 SE (kb2204)
- Installation of the Plantronics USB headset on Microsoft Windows Me (kb2205)