Installation of the Plantronics USB headset on Microsoft Windows Me (kb2205)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxIt! Headset H320 (monaural)
- Microsoft Windows Me
SummaryThis document describes the installation of the Plantronics USB headset on Microsoft Windows Me. Please read this document carefully before you attempt to install the headset. The steps must be performed in the correct order, or the headset – although the installation seems to be successful – may not work.
Please start up your computer as usual, without the headset being connected at this time. During the installation, the setup program will need to copy files from the SwyxWare CD and (possibly) from the Microsoft Windows CD. In some cases changing the CDs (which is necessary) during the setup procedure may cause problems; therefore we recommend that you copy the drivers for the headset from the SwyxWare CD to your hard disk first. Please copy the content of the folder
\USB\Plantronics into a new folder on your hard disk, for example
When the headset is connected on Windows Me, several devices will be detected, but except for two of them, they are installed automatically. These two should be handled as follows:
- The first detected device is named USB Audio Device. Please use the option Automatically search for a better driver, the device will be installed with the driver that was provided by Microsoft.
- The second device is detected as Plantronics headset. Please use the option Specify the location of the driver. In the following dialog please uncheck Removable Media and activate Specify a location instead, then browse to the folder
C:\PlantronicsAfter the installation of the driver, the device will be named Plantronics USB Bulk Driver.
On Windows Me, it is not necessary to reboot your computer after the installation.
Further installation instructions for USB Handsets and Headsets:
- Installation of the SwyxIt! USB Handset on Microsoft Windows 98 SE (kb2201)
- Installation of the SwyxIt! USB Handset on Microsoft Windows Me (kb2202)
- Installation of the SwyxIt! USB Handset on Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP (kb2203)
- Installation of the Plantronics USB headset on Microsoft Windows 98 SE (kb2204)
- Installation of the Plantronics USB headset on Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP (kb2206)