HOWTO: Distribution of SwyxIt! via System Management Server (kb2198)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxIt! all versions
SummaryThe installation or update of SwyxIt! can be either done by hand or it can be automated by the administrator in one of the following ways:
- Distribution of SwyxIt! via Logon Script (kb2196)
- Distribution of SwyxIt! via group policies of Active Directory (kb2197)
- Distribution of SwyxIt! via System Management Server
To distribute SwyxIt! on NT 4.0 / Windows 2000 / Windows XP systems, step through the following instructions.
- Create a network share which contains following files:
- Start SMS Administration and add a new SMS Package
- Add a SMS Program to that new Package.
- Type in following command line into the Command line editbox within the General property page
setup.exe /silent /server=ipbpx-server-nameand set the Path to
//fileserver/swyxit install/The following parameters for Setup.exe are possible:
- Change to the Environment property page, select Run with administrative rights in order to run the SwyxIt setup on Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP systems and click OK.
- Select an SMS Collection containing the computers which should get SwyxIt.
- Right click that SMS Collection and select Distribute software
- Run through the wizard
The next time a user logs on to a computer which is member of the chosen SMS Collection, SMS installs SwyxIt automatically on that system.
Please note that there is no difference in this procedure between a first time installation and an update.
Created: 19.08.2002, Last Modified: 31.01.2003